Plz visit our new site here for information this site is no longer available

.

20080126

PDA server

How many people do you know that carry a dedicated PDA? Personally, I don’t know anyone that does. Everyone seems to have switched over to phones that can do it all for them. I guess there must still be a market for them because Seattle-based design firm Teague has released a concept for a new HP device.


s-rd-world



It seems to have a nice rugged appearance to it, which is always great. It appears to be designed as more of a datacenter diagnostic device than a standard PDA. “It visualizes and communicates problems related to HP servers and data centers, and works as a fully-integrated system to streamline day-to-day tasks.”

I’ve never worked in a datacenter, but I’ve spent my fair share of time in a server closet, and I could definitely see something like this coming in handy. Seems like others have the same idea, since it won the If Design Award at CeBit this year.

No comments:

New Microsoft Zune